Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Something New Every Day!

All of this kitchen renovation is so exciting. I cannot wait to get home from work to see what has happened. Today I picked up the trim rings for the can lights. Matt told me to go ahead and get them. Well, when I got home I just couldn't wait for him to put them in - I did it myself! He probably thinks I'm nuts.

The island is all set where it stays and they put the finish on the back of the island. The microwave was also installed today and I actually got to fix something to eat for dinner! My microwave also works as a conventional oven and has some new kind of speedcooking thing that uses halogen lights. I'll try it out eventually.

Abby is coming tomorrow to measure for the corian/sink. I think the rest of the countertops will be in by the end of the week and the light fixtures can go in. I cannot wait for the lights! Anyway, here's today's pictures:



3 comments:

Jaime said...

How beautiful! I absolutely love the cabinets! They are gorgeous! I like the corner cabinet with the glass front, too. I'm not brave enough to have glass doors...I'm too messy & everyone would see my disorganized mess! What a difference! I just absolutely love the way things are turning out. I'm sure you're thrilled!

Jaime said...

By the way... I think you missed your calling. You should have been an interior designer. Your style is awesome. I love it!

Kelly said...

Darcy,

It is all coming together so beautifully! I love the island!!!! It really sets everything into place - great job on the lay out. When will the counter tops come in? You are so funny to put the light "things" in by yourself!!!

Thanks for the comment on my poem. I was off yesterday and bought the book poems for idiots!! I am real excited and hope to learn alot. Also, I bought Mom a series of books by David McCullough plus the O'Reilly book for Christmas. I tell you that incase it is on her Christmas list.