Monday, November 3, 2008

Clayton's Creation

I had decided to take the wrought iron railing out that separates the living room from the stairwell. I didn't know what in the world to put in there and finally came up with the idea to put shelves there. I was going to build them but Clayton is into wood working these days and volunteered to do the job. He got them done over the weekend! I just have to get them from him and paint them - they will be black. Look at what a fantastic job he did! Thank you, Clayton. He's even going to sand them for me - what a son!

Matt came this morning to get the job started. This all doesn't even seem real. Even looking at my torn up kitchen every day, it still doesn't seem like in a couple of weeks I'll have a brand new kitchen. I took Opie over Mom's this morning and I don't have to worry about Ebony - she'll just hide. Mom told me to call her later today to see what I thought after the first day's work. However, I don't think there will be anything visual, except for maybe the dishwasher and sink cabinet will be out.

Everybody have a great week - I'll check in sometime this week and let you know how things are progressing.

No comments: