Monday, November 10, 2008

I Have Cabinets!!

Are you ready to see the cabinets? You won't believe it - especially if you can recall the kitchen prior to the demolition. I guess they made a mistake when building the cabinet that encloses the refrigerator so it has to be made over. That means a delay of a couple of days. Darn! Matt called me on my way home and was asking me a few things. One of the things he wanted to know was if I had the handles. I told him yes but that I would put them on myself because I wouldn't be able to wait! As you can see, they are all on. Well, there's another set to be put on the pantry but Matt has to drill the holes for those. Okay, here they are:

This will be the island. It's not anchored in place yet but it will look something like this:

Can you see my living room in the background? That's the shelves Clayton made back there on the horses. I guess Matt had to move them out of the way, so I wasn't able to paint on those this evening. The dishwasher goes where that big hole is in the island.

I'm not sure if Matt will be back tomorrow or not. When he left today he said he was at a standstill so I'm not sure what happens next. He is going to replace the window and Dave Shutler is going to make moldings to go around the window that will match the cabinets! Won't that look great?

When I look at all that has gone on in my kitchen - I know that I am truly blessed.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Yes, you are blessed! But you have waited a long time for this kitchen renovation and to think that the first "big" meal cooked will be THANKSGIVING! I wish Dad could have seen and been a part of this. He would be so very proud of you. Much love, Kel Sue

Kelly said...

Oh, by the way. The cabinets are lovely. No one will even recognize your home....

Dana said...

Oh my word! Those are gorgeous! I can't believe how different everything looks! What are the shelves for the Clayton made? Ok, I think we better cater-in! The kitchen is to beautiful to mess up!!