Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The waiting is killing me!

Well, I've done all I can do - I'm just waiting on the contractor. I did paint the paneling in my foyer but I haven't taken a picture yet. They called me from the cabinet place on Monday - they're working up the actual building plans! I'm so nervous about all this. I still need to pick out a faucet and get the lighting finalized. I haven't ordered my tile yet for a couple of reasons. One, I'm waiting to make sure I have enough money! And two, I probably need to wait until the cabinets go up so I can get an accurate measurement.


My hands have been killing me! I'm not sure what that is about. I think it's just from the hammering, paint brushing and rolling, etc. It's hard on a woman's delicate hands!!!


Now I'm trying to make arrangements to fly to Disney to attend Retta's cheering competition! It's January 16 through 18. I can get a cheap flight, it's the hotel that's a killer. They have a package deal through the cheering organization which includes transportation from the airport, tickets to the competition and tickets to the Disney parks. I'm considering just doing that. Retta's coach called me yesterday with information as to exactly when they compete, etc. Her coach is pretty amazing - she is married, has two little kids, is a college professor, cheering coach for a college squad and is studying for her doctorate! How does she do all that?

Well, that's it for today all you followers. I'll get a picture of the painted paneling soon! I really like it - it doesn't look so 70's!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

retta looks great! i'm glad she is involved in cheering. your kitchen plans seem sressful. good luck:)

Dana said...

I'm glad you have us caught up on your kitchen. I've been waiting for you to post. What's with the hands? How's the feet? Retta looks good! Is that her official photo? Retta needs a blog now.

Dana said...

PS. Love your picture!